Friday, April 4, 2008

SAME 'OLE STEPH

We've all heard this "I'm a new man. I'm more motivated then I've ever been. I'm really excited about the new coach." crap from Stephon Marbury before. He said a lot of things along those lines headed into THIS season, and we all know how that's turned out (FOG-HORN!). But this time I actually believe him when he says, "I feel I got something to prove." Let's not forget: he did play well last season, and was a big reason there was hope coming into this season. He's had the battle with Zeke, his father passed away as did an aunt, and then he's been "hurt". Honestly, I think he's fine, and he and Thomas just said that to keep themselves away from each other. With all that's gone on this year, everything Steph's been through, entering that holy-last-year of his contract, hopefully a real coach coming in, and being a native New Yorker paired with another native New Yorker, I think he might actually have a chip on his shoulder and be very motivated next season.

All that being said, I'm still not sure I'd want him on the Knicks. Especially if Derrick Rose is drafted. No need to risk having Starbury show up and ruin/undermine everything, no matter who's drafted.

No comments: